Friday, February 26, 2010

Reality Bytes

Awake in my bed
By the honks of rude city buses
Another day as usual
Away from my small village
Away from the sweet morning greetings of birds & flowers
Away from the smiling gentle country folks
Now all these are nothing but sweet memories
To ease the pain of struggling in a city
Corrupted & Polluted with nothing
But skyscrapers blocking sky & sun
Traffic jams that make you aware of each second
Indifferent people who make you feel like a stranger everywhere
Oh how I yearn to go back home
'I will go back ' I reassure myself all the time
Years pass by with my frustrations increasing
I pack my bag when I can't take it any longer
Humming silently 'Country roads take me home'
I am on my way back home
Dreaming of my wonderful mornings ahead
But when I reach there I realise I am a stranger to this place
A place with new buildings
Just like mushrooms popped up after a rain
No birds, No trees, No country folks
'What happened? ‘I wonder
I realise that my village is dead long back
Now I have to find a new home a new village
I am back to road again
In that search for my dream my home
Realising that ' Reality Bites'